Monday, October 24, 2011

Baking with Parthenia

Good morning everyone!
I've decided to share some of my favorite recipes that are made from scratch; yes I was taught by the best my Grandmothers and Mother. Today I am sharing the recipe for my Mother's 7-up cake that I cook around this time of year. Hope you enjoy and if you decided to make it please send us a picture of it.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1hr 15 minutes
Total: 1hr 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings

Ingredients:
Amount ingredient preparation
1 1/2 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups flour, all -purpose
2 tablespoons lemon extract
3/4 cups 7up
Powered sugar

Directions: Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, lemon extract, and 7up, mix together well. Pour into greased bundt or angel pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with confectionery's sugar.

****We don't use exact measurements when baking from scratch but here is the basic recipe once you get the hang of it you can add or subtract as necessary. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment