Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothered

This is a poem written by Dr. John T. Warford in 1995 to his Mother, Ms. Carrie M. Warford
Mothered I have been bathed in the waters and words that have sailed me pass the barriers of things false and unworthy. I have been comforted with the kisses and embraces that soothe better than an balm or ointment known in nature or science. I have been sustained by sacrifices of every size and scope sacrifices that would eclipse the deeds of a legion of heroes. I have been protected through the prayers that most brilliantly penetrate the heavens commanding an answer. I can prove to the world that covenants with God are kept. I can prove to the world that love has power. I am more than a witness. I am the child of my mother and the strength of my fullness is an echo from her soul. Written and copywrited by Dr. John Warford

No comments:

Post a Comment